MG94 ABS Filament
Evolution is a good thing and since 2020 we have predominantly focused on Premium MG94 as our main type of ABS filament.
As you know, Airwolf 3D equipment prints in 40+ different materials and we also manufacture many of these filaments in house. This, in combination with your customer feedback, gives us an advantage in terms of R&D and tribal knowledge when it comes to filament. As such, our MG94 ABS filament has evolved and far surpassed regular “Platinum Series ABS Filament” in terms of performance.
You can expect to get everything you love about our regular “Platinum Series ABS Filament” — but with the increased strength, smooth printability, and glossy finish of Premium MG94 ABS. The new gold standard in ABS filament, our MG94 is produced in-house with pure ingredients and according to our exceedingly high-quality standards. Understandably, “Platinum Series ABS Filament” will be discontinued in 2020. The following information is for the purposes of product legacy. We will continue to offer platinum ABS in RED and Clear only.
Finding The Best ABS 3D Printer
Airwolf 3D Printers are the perfect solution for any engineer, designer, or educator who wants fast and accurate ABS 3D printing capabilities. With their enclosed design and advanced features, these printers make it easy to create high-quality ABS parts. They feature a heated bed with an integrated auto-leveling system that ensures consistent leveling. The all-metal construction ensures durability and accuracy, while the enclosed design keeps ABS prints free from cracks or layer-to-layer separation.
Platinum Series ABS Filament
SECTION 1, IDENTIFICATION
|AIRWOLF 3D TESTED PROPERTIES|
|Product Part Number:||AW3D-F06003||Ultimate Strength:
Elongation at Break:
|Manufacturer:||Airwolf 3D||(see “Methodology of Test” for details)|
6580 Spencer St #B4, Las Vegas, NV 89119
|Phone Number:||+1 949-478-2933|
|Recommended Use:||3D printing ABS filament|
|Restrictions on Use:||For use with 3D printers|
SECTION 2, DESCRIPTION
|Description:||Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene for functional prototypes or end-use production parts.|
Visual and functional prototyping
End use parts
Short run manufacturing
|Key Features:||Good mechanical properties and interlayer adhesion, minimal warping and reliable bed adhesion.|
SECTION 3, SPECIFICATIONS
|EXTRUDER TEMPERATURE||235C – 260C|
|BED TEMPERATURE||110C – 130C|
|RECOMMENDED BUILD SURFACE||Wolfbite for ABS, PETG, TPU, and TPE|
|COLOR||Clear, Neon Orange, Black, Black, White, Natural, Red, Light Blue, Green, Grey, Yellow, Grape, Dark Blue|
|COMPATIBLE ABS 3D PRINTERS||AXIOM, AXIOM 20, AXIOM Dual Extruder, EVO, HD Series|
|COMPATIBLE SUPPORT MATERIAL||HydroFill Water-Soluble Support|
|Ultimate Strength when 3D Printed:
Elongation at Break when 3D Printed:
|UL Recognized, 94HB Flame Class Rating (3) 1.52 mm||UL 94|
SECTION 4, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- For challenging prints with complex internal geometry, ABS is compatible with HydroFill Water-Soluble Support.
- Acetone vapor treatment can minimize layer lines.
- Methodology of Tests performed by Airwolf 3D: Airwolf 3D tested this material, in its 3d printed form, for the mechanical properties of “Ultimate Strength” and “Elongation at Break” per ISO 527 standards. Specimens were printed on an AXIOM 3D printer with a nozzle orifice size 0.5mm. The specimens were “dog bone” shaped with a size of 75mm x 10mm x 2mm and printed with 90% fill density. Wolfbite adhesive was used to adhere the part to the heated bed during print cycle. The default “Standard” setting in APEX slicing software was used. (see “ABS Filament Technical Specifications Data Sheet” for details)
- Download ABS Filament Technical Specifications Data Sheet
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- If you use the 5 lb spool you can download the spool holder file here to print.
Not sure which filament is better suited for your application? Take a look at Airwolf 3D’s Filament Properties Table.